Thursday, December 31, 2020

Tiny Tot Repairing Toys Makes For Tedious 'Toon...Gifts From The Air (001)

  Gifts From The Air...A Color Rhapsody Cartoon



SYNOPSIS: After being thrown out, a dancing toy is cared for by a poor little boy. After decorating, the boy takes a well-deserved sleep. The toy alerts Santa Claus of his good deed, and the child is soon rewarded on Christmas morning.
DIRECTION: Ben Harrison
STORY: Ben Harrison
ANIMATION: N/A
MUSICAL DIRECTION: Joe de Nat
STUDIO: Columbia Pictures, Screen Gems

Before we begin...Happy New Year, everyone! And welcome to the first actual post of the blog.
I promised that I'd review every 1937 cartoon--well, every cartoon I could find, anyway--and I haven't forgotten. Depending on the circumstances, I will be releasing these reviews on or close to the release date of the original short. Okay, let's go.


In My Opinion...

Just Juvenile, Somewhat Saccharine
It's painfully obvious that this was designed for an audience of young children--the whole premise and garish colors give it away. Though the guide I had used for reference claims this came out on New Years Day '37, I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually intended for a Christmas '36 release. Though the "It's Christmastime" tune that opens the picture is pretty catchy, and the backgrounds are very colorful and pleasant.


Next time...An Unstable Relationship in He Was Her Man

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home