Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Mediocre Marinal Mayhem...Salty McGuire (004)

 Salty McGuire...A Terrytoons Cartoon

SYNOPSIS: A sailor mouse falls in love with a lady near a lighthouse, but a hippo pirate and his goons kidnap her. It's up to the mouse to save her.
ORIGINAL RELEASE: January 8, 1937
SUPERVISION: Mannie Davis, George Gordon (acc. to IMDB)
STORY: Paul Terry
ANIMATION: Jerry Sheilds, Carlo Vinci
MUSICAL DIRECTION: Philip A. Schieb
STUDIO: Terrytoons (producer), 20th Century Fox (distributor)

...Huh? How long was I out? Oh, a 30s Terry. I guess it bored me so much I fell asleep for...THREE MONTHS? Oh, hell. I might as well get back to work...

In My Opinion...

Cliched Crap We've Seen Before
Yeesh. No wonder why I was out for 3 months. Nothing of interest happens throughout, it's just a stupid damsel-in-distress story. The very few gags throughout just made me groan. Very poor.

Next time...two ducks and a jackass in Don Donald.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 18, 2021 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Historyman said...

Looks like Paul Terry was really a hasbeen at this point. With the same old cliched crap he (and his other staff) used. At least Carlo Vinci (and Presumably Connie Rasinski and many young-timers) animation and Phil Scheib's score makes it up for it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home